Why is it so hard to get one piece of molding over the door replaced?

Shady "contractors" - beware of Raynaldo Munoz 

Please advise any suggestions you have about how to handle a supposed contractor who abandoned the job. We had a roof leak back in January which I requested recommendations on Nextdoor, Pocket, Sacramento, California. 

Raynaldo Munoz answered and assured me he was a licensed contractor. The roof got sort of repaired. The main leak into the outer doorframe was repaired, the rest of the patio overhang still leaks. That is not my main concern as we were focused on water leaking into the house. The top door molding was removed in order to repair. And for over a month now Raynaldo said he would replace the molding and has not done it. He sets appointments and doesn't show up and doesn't let me know. I'm fed up. Unfortunately, I paid him the full quoted repair of $900. 

I will contact the Contractor's Licensing Board. Anything else I can do?
I will find another contractor to repair the molding, but I imagine if I want Raynaldo to pay for it I will need to go to small claims court. Does anyone have any other suggestions? 
 Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Fiction - see the movie!

On becoming a dinosaur